Come train with us, and make a career out of it!
Finished your degree and ready to join the world of work, but still haven't taken the next big step?
Our IT trainee programme is your opportunity to get fully immersed in the MARKANT world from an IT perspective. You will get to use the skills you've already learned and contribute new ideas of your own. We're looking forward to meeting you!
The Trainee Programme
We will plan a twelve-month trainee programme together based on your area of interest in one of three fields: software development, business informatics or information technology. You'll gain a broad view of the various tasks handled by our IT department.
During the first six months you will cycle through two to three teams and support MARKANT employees during routine and project-related tasks, depending on personnel requirements and vacancies. At the same time, you can start to build your network within the company and get to know other fields and colleagues. During the subsequent six months, you will use the information and impressions you gain during this time to set your own priorities and choose two to three additional working groups from a broad pool of teams.
Why join as a trainee?
- Twelve months of practical experience after finishing your studies so you can find your path, build on your strengths and interests, and discover new ones
- Structured orientation into the company and the various technical fields
- Opportunities to continue learning, guidance from a personal mentor, and continued support from permanent contacts
- A broad overview of MARKANT IT combined with deep technical knowledge in specific areas of interest and special topics
- Extensive networking within the company and valuable contacts
- A career stepping stone and the possibility of permanent employment
- In-house development of customer-specific products comes with daily challenges that demand expertise, creativity, and self-motivation.
- Agile, self-organizing, interdisciplinary teams that use the latest methods (SCRUM, SCRUM of SCRUMS and Kanban).
- We are a first follower of IT trends: cloud technology, Big Data, analytics and predictive, cyber security, virtualization and artificial intelligence are more than just buzzwords. We actually use them on a daily basis.
- Technology stack (selected):
Oracle, DB2, MySQL, MS SQL, Druid, Cassandra, Neo4J, Elasticsearch, Kafka, ActiveMQ, Hadoop, Spark
Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Angular JS, Angular 2+, ReactJS, Bootstrap, jQuery, Drools, Node.js, Vaadin, GWT, JSF
IntelliJ, Eclipse, Jenkins CI, Maven, Sonar, Git, GitLab, Bitbucket, Visual Studio Code, Powershell
Platform and infrastructure
Kubernetes, Docker, Packer, Ansible, Terraform, Prometheus, Grafana, Azure, WebSphere Liberty
- First-class IT infrastructure, including a high-performance computing centre: currently 1045 servers, 85% virtualisation, TIER III TÜV certified, high availability, etc.
- Collegial, team-oriented work atmosphere with respectful interactions between equals
- Knowledge-based organisation with mutual exchanges of information, reflection and continued learning in the foreground.
- Good work-life balance based on a working week of 38.5 h, 30 days leave and flexible working hours.
- Attractive salary, subsidised cafeteria, and fitness studio discounts
- Numerous employee events and activities: MARKANT soccer tournament, MARKANT running club, ski weekends, Christmas walk, Christmas celebration
What we expect from you
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in informatics, applied informatics, business informatics, IT or a degree in IT-related topics.
- A personal interest in IT-related subjects and current IT topics.
- Applicants with some experience are welcome
- Eagerness to work as part of a team and strong communication skills
- Reliability, commitment and determination
How to apply
Send us a detailed application by e-mail with the following documents:
- A letter with your current contact details and motivation for choosing the IT trainee programme
- Your CV
- Copies of your degree certificates and/or interim report/ grade transcript
- Internship certificate or other certificates, where applicable
The IT trainee programme starts every March. The application period ends at the end of October of the previous year.