Appetite for knowledge!
As part of a work-based degree in food management you will receive a solid education in all commercial aspects within the food industry. In addition to business administration subjects such as accounting, marketing and human resources, you will also learn about the farm-to-fork process, the most important product groups, consumer protection and quality assurance issues in the food sector and aspects of nutrition. The degree is divided into theory and practice phases that logically build on one another, giving you an optimal combination of theory and practice. On this course of study we work in partnership with the DHBW Heilbronn.
During the work-based phases you will gain a detailed insight into all aspects of a modern service company. You will work at our subsidiary that focuses specifically on own brands. Not only do these own brands have to be manufactured at the highest level of quality, but the contact with trading partners is also very important. During the work-based phases you will be given direct insights into the work of our teams that take care of one specific product group. As such, you will acquire a broad range of knowledge related to food and how it is made and marketed, combined with sound commercial knowledge.
What we offer
- Training period: three years
- Varied training in the form of a work-based degree in cooperation with the DHBW Heilbronn
- Insights into various departments (e.g. purchasing, quality management, human resources, bookkeeping) as well as subsidiaries and associate companies
- Expert and personal support during your work-based phases at the company
- Team-oriented work on apprentice projects and participation in the related events
(e.g. MARKANT football tournament and apprentice exchange scheme)
- Introductory event and experience day
- Personal development seminars –focusing on communication, presentation techniques and exam preparation, among other things
- Participation in workshops, trade fairs and regular team events
- Flexible working hours and a commensurate salary
- A collegial and team-oriented working environment
What we expect from you
- A good general or subject-linked higher education entrance qualification (Hochschulreife)
- Good grades in maths, German and English
- An understanding of business relationships
- An interest in food and how it is made and marketed
- A willingness to undertake a work-based degree at a diverse and dynamic company
- You should enjoy working in a team and possess excellent communication skills
- Reliability, commitment and determination are a must
How to apply
Send us your application by post or email with the following documents:
- A letter with your current contact details, outlining your motivation for this degree
- Copies of your last three school reports and examination certificate
- Internship certificates and other certification, where applicable
The selection process begins one year before the course of study starts.