The best of business administration and IT!
If you opt for a work-based Business Informatics Degree, you will acquire comprehensive business and IT knowledge. Over the course of six semesters you will alternate between working on interesting projects at the company and the university, giving you an optimal combination of theory and practice. On this course of study we work in partnership with the Cooperative State University in Karlsruhe (DHBW).
During the work-based phases you will gain a detailed insight into all aspects of a modern service company. You will learn to understand business relationships and apply this knowledge in a focused way. In addition, you will be given specific knowledge on the structure, workings and design of innovative internal information and communication systems and Internet-based B2B applications and processes. You will familiarise yourself with proven methods and the latest technology in both theory and practice so that you can develop modern applications in projects to support business processes –from the initial idea to the actual launch.
What we offer
- Training period: three years
- Varied training in the form of a work-based degree in cooperation with the DHBW Karlsruhe
- Insights into various IT disciplines such as software programming and first-level support
- Diverse IT environments with different system landscapes and programming languages
- A visit to the internal IT training workshop in the first work-based phase to learn the basics in the areas of IT applications and operations
- Expert and personal support during your work-based phases at the company
- Team-oriented work on apprentice projects and participation in the related events
(e.g. MARKANT football tournament and apprentice exchange scheme)
- Introductory event and experience day
- Personal development seminars –focusing on communication, presentation techniques and exam preparation, among other things
- Participation in workshops, trade fairs and regular team events
- Flexible working hours and a commensurate salary
- A collegial and team-oriented working environment
What we expect from you
- A good general or subject-linked higher education entrance qualification (Hochschulreife)
- Good grades in maths, German and English; initial IT knowledge is also desirable
- An interest in IT relationships and an excellent understanding of mathematical and technical concepts
- You should enjoy working with technology and dealing with computers and software programming
- Initial experience with hardware and software and an interest in the latest IT issues
- A willingness to undertake a work-based degree at a diverse and dynamic company
- You should enjoy working in a team and possess excellent communication skills
- Reliability, commitment and determination are a must
How to apply
Send us your application by post or email with the following documents:
- A letter with your current contact details, outlining your motivation for this work-based degree
- Copies of your last three school reports and examination certificate
- Internship certificates and other certification, where applicable
The selection process begins one year before the course of study starts.